Moments ago Apple CEO, Tim Cook took the stage at the California Theatre in San Jose, he began the keynote off with he usual rundown of figures in regards to sales and how many units have shipped and what not. The figures are always pretty exceptional, there’s no doubt about that and it wasn’t any different this time around either. I thought some of them were pretty interesting, I figured you might as well.
According to Tim Cook there have been -
- 5 Million iPhone 5s sold in the first weekend.
- 3 Million iPod Touch and iPod Nanos have been sold since their release two weeks ago.
- iOS 6 adoption rate was phenominal, 200 million devices are currently running iOS 6 or upgraded to it. Many more will soon join once the iPad 4 and iPad Mini hit store shelves.
- 125 million documents have been uploaded and stored in the cloud.
- 300 billion iMessages have been sent since last year. That’s 28-thousand messages per-second!
- Photo stream users have shared 70 million photos since its introduction.
- 275,000 iPad native Apps currently reside in the App Store, which results in 35 billion apps being downloaded in total.
- 1.5 million books are availible in the iBooks store, customers have downloaded 400 million iBooks to date.
- Two weeks ago the 100 millionth iPad sold.
It’s pretty crazy to think about how many people are using these devices. Of course these numbers will seem low analysts because they shoot for the moon and only get their predictions half right and of course idiots think the demise of Apple is creeping up on it. To a rational human being, these numbers speak for themselves. Apple is doing very well and they aren’t going anywhere any time soon. I like it that way.