If you have been pissed off at Apple ever since the release of iOS 6 and the new maps application, or possibly missing the street view function, then I have some good news for you. Google Maps are now officially back on iOS! The application is sporting a nicely updated user interface and it feels much snappier than it’s predecessor.
Here’s a look at the new interface for iOS 6, it’s quite reminiscent of the Android counterpart. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
Here’s a list of what to expect in the new Google Maps.
- Find addresses, places and businesses around the world with Google local search.
- Discover places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and local reviews.
- Sign in to sync your searches, directions, and favorite places between your computer and your phone.
- Get voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions.
- Find your way by train, bus, subway or walking directions.
- Access live traffic information in cities across the world.
Street View and imagery
- View 360-degree panoramas of places around the globe with Street View.
- See inside more than 100,000 businesses worldwide.
- View high resolution satellite imagery of locations around the world.
Simple and easy to use
- An entirely new Google Maps experience on your iPhone.
- Newly designed and streamlined interface for even easier navigation of your world.
- Use gestures to explore the map and browse results.
You can download the new Google Maps here.
Personally I haven’t had any issues with Apple Maps, but some have, so this is a great solution for everyone! Now everybody needs to find something else to bitch about.